Faux Pas

Fashion. Travel. Food. Bridget. Gin.

Saudade

By Saturday, August 22, 2015

I have managed to survive two whole weeks back in the real world. It's been tough. I get the post travelling blues really bad and it doesn't help that for the past two years, Sarah has carried on travelling for three more weeks after I get home. Daydreaming of her adventures whilst trying to throw myself back into being a working professional is never good for my emotions.

Sarah headed to Cuba on the day I headed back to London and there is no internet there, so I've not just had to cope with three weeks worth of travel envy; I also haven't been able to speak to my best friend for three weeks! Texts cost a fortune and Whatsapp is out of action until she gets to a wifi spot. I'm sure she's loving not being contactable, but I need to send her random messages about the weird pigeon I just saw or how I've got a pain in my little finger and I think I'm dying. Now I've got to keep this information to myself and it is less than ideal.

For the brief moments I have stopped crying and having a strop, I put together our annual travel video. This was my first adventure with the GoPro and I think it might just be my favourite thing I have ever owned. I want to have it constantly strapped to my head to capture all random moments in life, because it is awesome. I did however film some clips when we had a big night out in Buenos Aires and I had to turn it off because drunk me is probably the most annoying person I've ever come across. I even considered stopping drinking after I watched it. But then I realised I didn't give a shit and poured myself a gin.

Have a watch if you desire by clicking HERE




My new found friend C.C who we met in Buenos Aires introduced me to a word the other day that quite possibly might be my new favourite word. It sums up my feelings perfectly and it's probably my main emotion 99.99% of the time:

Saudade - (n.) a nostalgic longing to be near again to something or someone that is distant, or that has been loved and then lost; "the love that remains"


Now that is just beautiful. I think it might be time to book the next adventure you know.


HAVE A GANDER AT THESE TOO

0 comments